What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiologists are University trained and qualified health professionals and uses exercise as their form of medicine and treatment. Using their knowledge about exercise and the effects it has on the human body physiology, they can improve things such as muscle strength, bone density, blood pressure and quality of life. They are experts in movement and their goal is to get patients back to their meaningful activities and live life to the fullest.
At Living Springs Exercise Physiology, our exercise physiologists will develop a personalised exercise program for our patients that are catered to their goals and physical capacity and will assist in the treatment management of chronic diseases and help our patients achieve the life they want.
Conditions that Exercise Physiology might be beneficial for and not limited to:
- Acute and Chronic Musculoskeletal and Sports Injuries
- Cardiovascular Conditions and Rehabilitation (Hypertension, Coronary Artery Diseases, CABG, Myocardial Infarction)
- Respiratory Diseases (Asthma, COPD)
- Neurological Diseases (Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord injuries, Parkinson’s Disease)
- Metabolic Disorders (Diabetes, Obesity, High Cholesterol)
- Mental Health
- Aged Care
- Personal Training